Opening a new account?
How to apply
Select from our account options
Documents required to open a new account
Provide ONE piece of government-issued ID, with photograph and signature:
- Driver's licence
- Military ID card
- Permanent resident card
One secondary piece of identification
- An additional primary piece of identification
- Birth certificate, credit card, debit card, tax ID card
- Employee ID or letter from your employer
Proof of contact
Any two of the following:
- Proof of Address e.g. recent utility bill,
- Bank account statement
- Copy of lease or letter from landlord
If you are a non-resident customer, a reference letter or a current account statement from a reputable bank is required.
Also, be sure to read our Personal Financial Services Agreement [PDF 360 kb] for all the details on having an account with Scotiabank.