Upgrades To Scotiabank Mobile App
Having reported a more than 36% uptick in the use of its mobile and online banking channels since January 2020, Scotiabank TCI continues to invest heavily in its digital channels and has announced another round of upgrades for its Scotia Caribbean Mobile App. The latest upgrades add new features to the app which currently brings a wide range of banking services to customer’s mobile devices.
“These upgrades come as we continue to note the increasing preference of our customers for self-service banking evidenced by the consistent increase in the use of online and mobile transactions and the decrease in branch transactions,” shared Ira Taylor, Scotiabank Turks and Caicos.
Some of the new capabilities now available on the App include:
- Transferring funds to one’s loan accounts – Customers can now transfer funds from their deposit account into their loan account to make a pre-payment (for up to two future payments).
- Transferring funds to another customer’s loan accounts – Customers can now transfer funds from their deposit account into another Scotiabank customer’s loan account.
- Quick actions for credit card payments – Shortcuts for minimum payment, statement balance, outstanding balance and other options are now available.
- A redesigned process flow for added ease of use and to help customers conduct transactions faster.
- Customer Information management – Changes to customer information such as primary and seasonal addresses, and employment can be made. The uploading of supporting address verification documents are available in-app.
Additional features are:
- Biometric sign in, through fingerprint recognition and face recognition.
- Enhanced data encryption to keep customers’ financial information even safer.
- Multi-factor authentication that verifies customers’ identities, and notifications to keep them aware of their transactions.
“The Scotia Caribbean Mobile App is the only banking App locally to provide face recognition as an enhanced security option,” highlighted Taylor.
How-to guides for these added features as well as paying bills and credit cards, transferring funds and more are available on the website tc.scotiabank.com.
“As we go forward, we will continue to invest in our digital self-service channels and increase the features and functionalities so that customers can do even more of their banking safely and at their convenience,” he said in closing.